About the Resort
As the crisp opaline sea caresses the endless coastline of Bávaro Beach, you recline under the shade and drift into thoughts of how you can spend this perfect day. Find yourself everyday longing for the rush of traversing the open sea. Overlooking Arena Gorda Beach on the Atlantic coast, this upscale resort surrounded by tropical gardens is 4.7 km from Catalonia Caribe Golf Club.
The Punta Cana section of the massive Bahia resort complex begins at one of two large lobby areas closer to the main entrance, which helps make arrival easier than other areas of the resort complex. It’s best to have the exact name of the resort written down to avoid arrival confusion. This is one of the biggest resort complexes in the Dominican Republic — expect to get lost in the first few days. The rather confusing hierarchy doesn’t make it easier; guests of every section have a different color of wrist band, which allows different levels of access throughout the complex, though the guests themselves may not have a deep understanding of where they are allowed and where they aren’t.
The Punta Cana is one of the more affordable areas, and guests can also access the Bavaro section of the resort via shuttle for more bars, restaurants, nightlife, and the water park. The reverse is not true — guests at Bavaro (the largest section) can only access Bavaro’s features. However, every other resort in the complex (The Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, The Luxury Bahia Principe Esmerelda, and the Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa) does have access to the Punta Cana section. This means this section is one of the more crowded. Expect to jockey for chairs at the pool in the morning.
This all-inclusive Punta Cana Grand Bahia Principe resort features an outdoor pool, restaurant, and WiFi. The resort is 4.8 mi from Playa Bávaro and 7 mi from Punta Cana International Airport.
The 744 airy suites include minibars, Wi-Fi (fee) and flat-screen TVs with premium channels. All have balconies or terraces, sitting areas with pull-out sofas, and bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. Upgraded suites include coffeemakers. A balcony and terrace are standard in every room at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana. A seating area with a sofa, satellite TV, and an en suite are also included. Some suites have a spa bath.
A tennis court, fitness center, and free bikes are available to all resort guests throughout their stay. Shops, water sports including windsurfing, and a water park are on site.
The resort offers 5 restaurants and 13 bars, including a swim-up bar. Orquídea Restaurant, international-themed buffet, is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner themes its nights by country cuisine. French, Japanese, and Tex-Mex restaurants are offered as well.
Bavaro is a great choice for travelers interested in excursions, sunbathing and tropical weather.
- Access to the facilities and restaurants of the Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, except buffets. Guest can use the Buffet of the own Hotel.
- Access to entertainment and relax services at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
- International entertainment programs for adults and children with live music.
- Free wifi in the lobby
- Children’s activities in the Mini-Club (4-12 years)
- 1 hour per day free (subject to availability and Upon request,) paddle surf, kayaks, tennis, catamarans for hire, snorkeling
- Organized games, gym, sports and activities
- Free entrance to the “Bachata” nightclub in Bahia Principe Village with local drinks and soft drinks included (18 +)
- Local taxes and tips
- 3 à la carte dinners per week of stay (reservation and formal dress code required)
- Diving lesson in the pool (subject to availability and upon request, a lesson per person per stay)